Double Digits for Katie Mae!!

This little beauty hit the double digits on September 8, 2014!
She's been saying "almost to double digits" for a while now.  She is so excited about this day, turning 10 years old. I've been a little taken back by how the time flies by.  My little baby girl with blonde curls is growing up.  I'm always teasing her about growing up and I need her to stay little but as I wrote to her in our "mama and me" journal, if she had stayed a baby, I wouldn't have gotten to see her become this beautiful girl that is finding her artistic ability with drawing and painting, ask Jesus into her heart and watch her try to live for Him and laugh at all the funny things that she says along with being in her compassionate presence.  I am also very thankful that she's growing up for those reasons.  
On Saturday before the Monday of her birthday, she received a couple of packages in the mail! How could I say no to immediately opening the gifts!! Nenaw and Papaw and Poppy and Gigi made her extra happy on Saturday! 



Good Morning Birthday Girl!
Ryan and I woke her up by singing "Happy Birthday!"
She has trouble opening those eyes:)

 After getting ready, she got to open a few more gifts...






 This one is from RyRy that she paid for herself, wrapped herself and made her own card...so very sweet!



 





 We went to see them at lunch!! Different times...of course!

 Birthday Girl!!
 
 The surprise we left for her in the office for her to celebrate with her class later in the day!

 Pick Up Time! She loved her cookie cake and giraffe!
 They both had a surprise waiting for them in their seat from Corky(from the gym)!


 More cards in the mail from Aunt Peggy and Uncle Pat along with Aunt Sunny!


 Aunt Holly, Cheyenne, Sierra and Jonathan came for a visit and to bring gifts!

 Per Katie's request, we had dinner at Chili's! She received more cards and gifts from Grandmother and PaPa O.T. and MamaJan and PaPa!


 Birthday Girl with MamaJan and PaPa!
 She's happy about cheesecake!

 Birthday Girl and Family!

 She ended her night with reading my entry in our journal:)
 The fun didn't stop there!
There was more in the mail for out 10 year old the next day from Uncle Justin and Aunt Sandi and Aunt Sunny!










I think it's been a great birthday!!