In 4th grade, students are allowed to run for an office on the Student Council. Katie knew right away that she'd like to do this. While reading the paperwork, I told her that she'd have to give a 1 minute speech to the school during morning assembly. She said "okay" with a determined look. I was very proud of her at that moment because that's where I would've backed out. She had a great idea for her poster and we made it happen! She and Ryan decided on her slogan! I wanted "the girl with the bow has got it under control!" She loves her big bows and some kids already talk about that so I thought it would be fun. She didn't go for that:)
Poster!
Campaign Goodies for the 3rd and 4th Graders!
Little Sister's helping out!
Speech Day...I had lunch with them both!
My Silly RyRy!
Katie had to say her speech twice, once to the 3rd graders and then to the 4th graders!
She did an awesome job! I am so proud of her! She was the only one that memorized her speech on that day. There were more speeches from other students the following day. She didn't seem nervous at all but later told me that she was so glad that it was over because she was very nervous!
This little boy, Nate, is giving her a bracelet here after she gave him a campaign goodie. Guess that means that she has his vote:)
My Brave Lil' Cutie!
Woohoo!!
After the voting took place on October 2nd, we learned, on October 3rd that
Katie has been elected STUCO Treasure!!


