When Pastor Andre asked me if I would be the director of VBS this year, I wanted to but was also scared of failing and disappointing. As I started planning and praying, I got more and more excited. I always feel that I could do better but I'm very pleased with how God shined throughout the week. Katie and Rylie were such huge helpers with set up, creating, helping in the nursery, being the photographer, helping wherever needed and tear down...ALL with a happy attitude! We had volunteers show up to help with kids that were so needed! We had adult station leaders that planned and let God lead their stations. I'm so thankful that I could be a part!
When Life is Unfair...God is Good
When Life is Scary...God is Good
When Life is Sad...God is Good
When Life Changes...God is Good
When Life is Good...God is Good
Life is Wild...God is Good
Fynlie was awesome and went with her class all week without me and had the best time! She would chant the reminder each night with God is Good! She could tell me the point of the bible story each night as well!
We reached our goal of $400 for our Kids Helping Kids Offering that we collected during the week and as promised, Pastor Andre and I let the kids throw pies in our faces on Sunday after church...
So I spent the rest of the day smelling spoiled milk but it was fun and I'm glad we did it! Now, I get to buy school supplies for some kids in need when school begins with that awesome offering from kids!