One of my very favorite days of the year...going to the State Fair of Texas!
Our first glimpse of the new Big Tex!
Katie looks for nachos anywhere she goes!
Rylie loves her a hot dog!
Gotta get our pic with Big Tex!
It's always fun to see the new cars!
Peacocks and sharing ice cream...awww.
The barnyard is a fun time...
Ol' Boris...he's still here and still growing!
Life on the ideal farm...
They still had a good time but may be getting too old for this soon:(
Giant Onion Rings!
They love this slide!!
Wheeeeeeeeee!!
She thought this was a funny Si!
The past couple of years, we've gone in a fun house. A few days ago, Rylie asked if we could go in a spook house when we go to the fair. I figured that Katie would have absolutely no part in this. She didn't at first but then wanted to face her fears, I think. So the three of us went on in. We got in our own little cart that drives you through. I had my arms around them both and they're screaming and Rylie's laughing too. Then a live person came over in the dark with a glowing mask and was very close and walking along with us with his arms out. As he was getting closer to Katie, I'm talking like 6 inches because she was on his side, I said "okay, that's enough." He said "okay" and walked away. I thought that was very respectful. They were all smiles after our first spook house and there were no nightmares...yay!
Cuties checkin' out the ferris wheel!
I sure love him!
They sure love him too!!
Ostrich Races...funny!
We stayed late enough for the parade this year...
Perfect Day!
