We had a very full week and loved every minute of it!
(well maybe not the traffic so much going from Downtown Dallas to North Richland Hills everyday)
We headed to Keller Sunday evening to stay the night and spend some time with Aunt Joni, Laurie, Gabby and Gray...
The next morning, Katie and I headed to Dallas to start the first day of Art Camp, which was from 9-12 everyday for a week. Rylie went with the Garricks for Faith and Cole's birthday party.
Drop off was hard even though I walked her in on the first day...but she was such a big girl!
I picked her up at 12 and we headed over to Scott and Amy's for some more play time with the kiddos...
Then it was time for Rylie's first day of swim lessons with Mr. Kaleb...no parents allowed until Friday so this is the only pic 'till then...
Mr. Kaleb is known for being tough and very skilled to produce results from his little swimmers.
She was certainly nervous and little unsure but ready, I think.
I peaked in through a crack in the privacy fence for a little bit while things got started. She was already talking his ear off within minutes...telling him all of her cousins that he's also taught to swim and how he had one earlier that day.
When class was over, she was emotional about it being so hard.
Monday night, we went to Aunt Mary and Aunt D's...
They were so accommodating with the girls...Aunt D's making Rylie a target to shoot the little nerf gun she found and Aunt Mary's reading and finding missing objects with Katie.
Tuesday, RyRy and I spent some time walking around and playing at the new park that was built above the bridge in downtown while Katie was in Art Class.
Yummy SnowCone while walking back to pick up KK.
There she is...our ARTIST!
It turned out that Aunt Mary works right next door to the Art Museum and so we got to have a yummy lunch with her in her building...
They sure love Aunt Mary!
KK's leaving her some messages/pictures!
Off to North Richland Hills for Swim Lesson #2...Katie was not thrilled with going but went in okay. When class was over, she was very emotional and said she had a headache. She said that he just keeps moving back when she's trying to swim with him and she really needs to take a breath. Poor thing...I thought for one second. She's got to do this so she can keep herself alive in water!
We came home Tuesday and headed back on Wednesday. After Art Camp, we went to join Aunt Sandi, Makenzi, Libby, Christie, Caden, Julia and Lauren for some swim time...
Then off to swim lessons with Rylie. She was not happy about this today and Mr. Kaleb had to pry her off of me to start class. I left with her screaming but he was talking to her kindly. Oh my...well like any good momma would do, I went around the other side of the house and peaked through the privacy fence to make sure everything was okay. She was still breathing hard, semi-crying and starting to cough and I heard Mr. Kaleb say "Okay, now. You're not hurt and now you're making yourself sick and it's making me mad. That's enough." She stopped and had a great class. When I picked her up, she said that he's mean and she's scared that he's going to dunk her because he told another little boy that if he kept whining that he would dunk him. I said well don't whine and she said "but I'm really scared that I'm going to because it's really hard." I felt bad for her, but this is definitely something she needed to overcome.
We went back to Justin and Sandi's to get ready for a birthday dinner for Olivia!
Then to Mi Cocina for Olivia's Birthday Dinner...Happy 11th!!
Pretty Girl!
Stayed the night at Justin and Sandi's and then off to Dallas for our Thursday!
One more lunch date with Aunt Mary...
...and some park time!
After swim lessons, Rylie said that it was the best day yet!! Perfect...it only took 4 days of the 5 total! She said that she swam two different ways and that she got five rings off the bottom. I was so happyy for her! We went home Thursday night and MamaJan went with us on Friday!
While Katie was attending her last day of Art Camp and getting ready for the parent visit; Mom, Rylie and I went to visit the new George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum at SMU.
It was as a really great experience and we could've spent much more time. They're were many awesome and touching videos, great information and great exhibits to see.
Just a few pics from our visit...
Parent Visit at Art Camp!
Katie's teacher, Mrs. Valerie, is standing there talking about each type of work of Art that the students completed.
3D sculpture with "Found Objects"
Fish Imprint...as they may have done before cameras
Sea Scape with painted and torn paper.
Self Portrait
Cubism
My favorite...her flower!
Katie had the only one with the center of flower in the corner with the petals filling the page...I love it! Pastel Chalks were dipped in white paint to create this look.
Her "warm" color and "cool" color painting cut and woven together.
Jackson Pollock--she threw paint and strings to create this one.
Her favorite teacher, Rachel.
I'm so proud of our little Artist.
Quick lunch at the park and then we headed to Sweet and Sassy to celebrate Makenzi's 3rd Birthday!
Manicures for all!!
Princess Makenzi get her hair pretty!
Beautiful Three Year Old...Our Makenzi Lynn!
Swim Lesson Graduation Day...she seemed very confident!
She's sure cute...let's see if she can swim!
She practiced getting breaths and going under.
WOW!! She impressed us so much by jumping the side and swimming more than halfway across the pool to Mr. Kaleb!
She practiced going down and getting 3 rings at a time!
She practiced floating! I'm so proud of her!
What a week!
The girls accomplished a lot and we all had a great time with all the family!
