Open House and 2nd Grade Musical

The girls were so looking forward to this night for a while and Katie had worked so hard on her "lines" for the Musical for a couple of weeks.  She couldn't have been more excited about the program...which caused the day of to be so disappointing to her.
She came down with a stomach virus that day and managed to stay at school all day (her choice)behind my desk on a palet that I made for her out of pillows just so she wouldn't miss the program. 
Well she made it long enough to do her introduction and part of the first song and then had to slip out to the side of the stage and Ryan took her home and she went straight to bed. I had to stay to have Open House visitors to my classroom. I was so proud of her for what she did and I think she may have enjoyed it just a little despite feeling awful!
 
Rylie loved showing off her things that she made for Open House...we got to check out her things before the 2nd Grade Musical!



Rylie and Ms. Strawn
 
The Show Must Go On...it was "Celebrating America"
 
 






Grandmother got to come and watch. She didn't get to see much of Katie, but I think she enjoyed the little show!