We had a very sad night this past Thursday evening when we came home and found Snuggles had died. Katie immediately started bawling and I just felt so bad for her. Over a few hours, she would ask different questions about him being in heaven and if he is in pain and so forth. There was nothing to do but to hold her while she cried and gave her the consoling answers that she needed.
Friday evening, we had a hamster funeral for Snuggles. Katie decorated a box for him to sleep in...
Look at those sad, puffy eyes over a day of off and on crying while I wasn't even at school because this was also Rylie's field trip day...poor baby!
His tombstone...we found this rock lying perfectly over the place where I was looking to bury him. So it was perfect for Katie to decorate and place over Snuggles.
She took this very hard and still gets sad when something reminds her, but the funeral really helped our soft-hearted little girl.