Just a couple of stories to start off...
MamaJan has taught Katie the word "congruent" and Katie uses it quite often and quizzes us (me and Ryan). The other day, nothing had been said of the word and we were having a garage sale. There was a basket full of all sizes of pine cones. She pulled two out and said, "Hey Mommy, these are the same shape and same size, they're congruent!" And often times, she will add "and it doesn't matter what color it is." Now, MamaJan has started on symmetrical and asymmetrical. I know I just retaught some of you the word "congruent" - I had to be refreshed too -lol!!
And earlier today, Katie and Rylie were in the office with me (bugging me - just kidding) but Rylie was yelling and whining and Katie was behind me sitting on a plastic file folder blocking Rylie with her leg saying you can't go through until you say "habre" (I don't know if I spelled that right, but it's 'open' in spanish). Of course, Rylie wasn't going to say that and was getting really frustrated!! Thanks DORA for teaching Katie spanish!
A couple of days ago, I had just started rocking Rylie for her nap and I thought I should check her diaper before she went to sleep. So, she's all calm and sleepy and I pulled back her diaper next to her leg to take a little peek and she said "poopoo" and giggled. I found that very funny and that was the first time she said "poopoo." Aren't milestones fun!!
Leave us a comment and tell us how you're doing!!